Gluten-free Tomato Soup
Tomato soups are known all over the world. Most soups take a really long time to make from scratch. This is a very simple recipe that will not take long at all, plus it is gluten-free. It is a very creamy, tasty, and rich soup that will serve great with salads. This soup has a very high nutritional value as it contains lycopene. It is a very comforting soup that may be served any time of the year. This soup is made from fresh ripe tomatoes. 3 cans of diced tomatoes, drained may be substituted for the fresh ripe tomatoes if they are not available. That is what makes this soup naturally delicious. This soup has a very deep red color and is very inviting.
Leftovers from this soup make a great meal also, because the seasonings really sink in overnight. It may be frozen and used for serving another time. This soup is excellent for serving as a main dish or a side dish. It is something that the whole family will love. This recipe calls for almond milk and it makes the soup really flavorful. Adds a bit of nutty flavor. The sugar gives a little sweetness to the soup. For a more bitter tasting soup just hold the sugar. This tomato soup is a really good choice for those who are on gluten-free diets.
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
6 large tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of dried parsley
2 cups of gluten-free chicken broth
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of black pepper
1/2 cup of almond milk
1. In a large pot, saute the onions and carrots in the olive oil over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste, parsley, chicken broth, salt, and pepper and stir to mix the ingredients until well combined.
3. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
4. For a chunky soup do not blend. For a smooth soup, place the soup in a blender and blend for 2 minutes.
5. Pour the soup back into the pot and add the almond milk. Stir and heat until the soup is heated well. For a creamier soup add 1/2 cup of heavy cream/
6. Serve hot or warm and enjoy!